Dynamics Troubleshooting – canmodifymobileclientvisibility
Recently, I have been deploying some solution from one environment to another in Dynamics 365 online.It failed soon after the start with this error:
The evaluation of the current component(name=Entity, id=59c9b48d-5578-41f2-9ca2-689e1dac0905) in the current operation (Update) failed during managed property evaluation of condition: The evaluation of the current component(name=Entity, id=59c9b48d-5578-41f2-9ca2-689e1dac0905) in the current operation (Update) failed during managed property evaluation of condition: Managed Property Name: canmodifymobileclientvisibility; Component Name: Entity; Attribute Name: canmodifymobileclientvisibility;
Doing some investigation, I did not find anything in the discussions, so I decided to share my observation with you.In the meantime, I also created a case with Microsoft Support, so when this will be resolved, I will update this article as well.
The import failed when trying to import the campaign entity first. When removed, it failed with campaign activity, so the problem seems to be connected to the Marketing module of D365.
Going into the customizations I found the following.
Source environment Campaign entity mobile setting looks like this:
Target environment is looking like this:
The source version: Version 1710 (184.108.40.2065) online
The target version: Verze 1710 (220.127.116.115) online
It is obvious that Microsoft is doing some changes in the core application which may break your customizations.
At the moment we are stuck in the situation that we cannot move solution from CRM to another, because they are not compatible.
We cannot update the older CRM to a newer one, because it is online version and we have to wait for Microsoft to update. I’m afraid it would not help, I have created a blank CRM instance with version 18.104.22.1685 and it looks the same as our source environment, so maybe only the current target instance is somehow broken. We will see what the support will do. We are not able to modify the properties which are causing the error.
We have come up with a workaround for this situation:
1. Export the solution
2. Open the customization xml
3. Edit it – replace <IsVisibleInMobileClient>0</IsVisibleInMobileClient> with <IsVisibleInMobileClient>1</IsVisibleInMobileClient> for the entities which are causing errors.
You can also use <!-- to comment out the problematic section.
However, at the moment you would be forced to do it before every import.Stay tuned for the result of MS Support
Update: Microsoft is aware of this bug and they have prepared solution for it. It will be deployed soon!