Dynamics Troubleshooting –
Recently, I have
been deploying some solution from one environment to another in Dynamics 365
It failed soon
after the start with this error:
The evaluation of the current component(name=Entity,
id=59c9b48d-5578-41f2-9ca2-689e1dac0905) in the current operation (Update)
failed during managed property evaluation of condition: The evaluation of the
current component(name=Entity, id=59c9b48d-5578-41f2-9ca2-689e1dac0905) in the
current operation (Update) failed during managed property evaluation of
condition: Managed Property Name: canmodifymobileclientvisibility; Component
Name: Entity; Attribute Name: canmodifymobileclientvisibility;
investigation, I did not find anything in the discussions, so I decided to
share my observation with you.
In the meantime,
I also created a case with Microsoft Support, so when this will be resolved, I
will update this article as well.
The import failed
when trying to import the campaign entity first. When removed, it failed with
campaign activity, so the problem seems to be connected to the Marketing module
Going into the
customizations I found the following.
environment Campaign entity mobile setting looks like this:
is looking like this:
version: Version 1710 (126.96.36.1995) online
version: Verze 1710 (188.8.131.525) online
It is obvious
that Microsoft is doing some changes in the core application which may break
At the moment we
are stuck in the situation that we cannot move solution from CRM to another,
because they are not compatible.
We cannot update
the older CRM to a newer one, because it is online version and we have to wait
for Microsoft to update. I’m afraid it would not help, I have created a blank
CRM instance with version 184.108.40.2065 and it looks the same as our source
environment, so maybe only the current target instance is somehow broken. We
will see what the support will do. We are not able to modify the properties
which are causing the error.
We have come up
with a workaround for this situation:
the customization xml
it – replace <IsVisibleInMobileClient>0</IsVisibleInMobileClient>
with <IsVisibleInMobileClient>1</IsVisibleInMobileClient> for the
entities which are causing errors.
You can also use <!-- to comment out the problematic section.
into target environment
However, at the
moment you would be forced to do it before every import.
Stay tuned for the result of MS Support
Update: Microsoft is aware of this bug and they have prepared solution for it. It will be deployed soon!